Date: Oct. 27, 2015 
Place: David’s House, Thomaston 
In Attendance: David, Charlie, Lew, Ian, Don, Bob, Ward, Brad 
Minutes submitted by: David 

1. Check In 

2. Minutes from 10/18 weekend business meeting accepted with corrections — David will send out corrected final version 

3. Weekend Review: Very positive. 
a. We now have a well stocked medical kit. Tick removal tool to be added to Med Kit. 
b. After each Friday Night Meal on the weekends the Defibrillator and the Heimlich Procedures will be reviewed. Medical personal will be identified and Med Kit placement will be shared. 
c. Written “Check In Guidelines” will be at the registration desk for the men to read for all future weekends. The goal will be identified so men can begin thinking of their check in. Charlie will get together with the next Program Committee Chair (Dan) and help develop this statement. It was noted that this procedure at the past weekend worked very well and that men tended to stay on point rather that ramble on. 
d. New guys should be encouraged to meet with Brad in the kitchen and be a part of creating a meal. This bonding experience is invaluable to help men connect. 
e. It would be helpful if a board member had a workshop to brainstorm how to get young men to begin attending MCM 

4. Treasure’s Report by Ian: It takes approximately 31 men to attend the weekend to break even. Currently we have $2491.15 in the treasury. 

5. Ian will work with Jim D so he will be recognized by the bank on the MCM account 
a. David will send Ian a signed copy of the Minutes to Ian for bank purposes. 
b. Should we be a 501C-3? Ian will bring information to the next meeting explaining what this is. Advantages and disadvantages of 501C-3 will be discussed to see if we want to follow up on this. 

6. Electronic Payments /Brochures: Charlie will work on this and present ideas at the next board meeting. 

7. Bob will contact Tom B about adding a “Minutes” tab on the website and will post minutes from the past couple of years to get this current. Bob will contact David if he does not have all of these documents. David has the minutes on his computer of the ones he has written. Each board member is sent final minutes once the board accepts them. 

8. Future Weekend Dates: 
April 29, 30, May 1 2016 
October 14, 15, 16 2016 
May 5, 6, 7 2017 
Oct 13, 14, 15 2017 
May 4, 5, 6 2018 
October 12, 13, 14 2018 

9. Sliding Scale discussion was tabled for a future meeting. 

10. Each weekend a list is generated as to who was present and includes addresses and phone numbers. This is made available to each man who attended that weekend along with a picture of the group. Men can choose not to be in this picture at the weekend. This info is available only to those men and will be archived by the MCM Curator, Charles G. Past pictures can be available at the men’s weekend. The October weekend’s picture will have names attached to it before it is sent out. 

11. Master List will not be made available to all men. If a man is trying to locate someone from a past weekend they should contact a board member and we will try to help. This effort is being made so the master list is protected from vendors. 

12. Confidentiality: Discussion included secrecy vs. being able to share the experience with others not at the weekend. We will try to make this clear for the men. Each board member is being asked to write up a short statement explaining the concept of confidentiality to be discussed at future meetings. 

13. Charlie C will work with the registrar to develop a procedure to obtain an “Emergency Contact” person for the men at the weekends. 

14. Phone a Thon to be held in Jan and Feb. The list will be divided up for next meeting. Bob and Ward will work on the questions to be asked so we can get consistent results. David will search out an old form that was developed in the past but not use. 

15. Bocce Ball’s … Our new MCM bocce balls will have a bit of color added to them to make it easier to use at the weekend. David will take care of this. We are still committed to replacing John’s set of Bocce balls as they were damaged at a previous weekend. If we buy him a new set we will have 2 sets to use. 

16. Tanglewood Porch Posts. David will call Steve and discuss how or if MCM can help. 

17. Sweats at MCM… Ian offered to talk with John Bly about the possibility of offering them in the future. 

18. Other: Ward suggested that a “Task Heads/Apprentices List” be compiled. David offered to do this using the list from the past minutes as a base. 

19. Next Meeting will be Dec. 2, 2015, from 6-8 at Maine Bob’s Home in China. 

Minutes accepted 1/19/16