5/1/2022 Business Meeting

  1. The current Board Members were recognized and thanked for their service.
    a. Tomas Levesque, Treasure, Quilt Curator
    b. Maine Bob O’Connor, Technical Advisor, Zoomologist, Photographer, Post Master General
    c. John Bangeman, Treasurer
    d. Carl Stoddard, recently rejoined MCM Board, Bell Keeper, Fire Keeper
    e. Joss Coggeshall, Secretary, Assistance Treasurer, Co-Med Kit Supervisor
    f. Phil Elkin, newest member of the board, Co-Med Kit Supervisor
    g. David Hanc, President
  2. Treasurer’s Report. The current balance is $4480.45 before this weekend retreat
  3. Mini Series. This has been a huge success with 6-18 men showing up for check in and general discussion or program presentation. The Mini-Series is every 3rd Thursday of the month. Notices are sent out by e-mail. The series will continue into the future. Please join us, it is a great way to stay connected.
  4. Ham Niles and Dan Kirchoff were recognized and thanked for developing the Program committee. Ham took on the duel role of facilitating the weekend retreat.  Dan was recognized for his amazing artwork that he shares with MCM to be used on the brochures. Tom Beal recognized for his efforts to develop the brochure. Tom also hosts the MCM Website and helps manage it.
  5. Brad was recognized for his contributions to developing and making the wonderful meals. Brad also offers a variety of meals to those with food allergies.
  6. Parker Waite step in, again, and did a wonderful job as Coffee Meister for the retreat.
  7. MCM Jobs and Tasks for the Oct. 14-16, 2022 Retreat are attached. We need to get a volunteer for the Program Committee as a priority.
  8. By Laws will be reviewed by the board and changes will be made to match to better represent who we are.
  9. Dan has recently re-built the MCM Website and is working on registration/payment on-line as an option.
  10. MCM needs more men to attend the weekend. Each man present is being asked to find a man who would be interested in attending next fall’s weekend.
  11. The call for new board member went out and two attendees volunteered to be on the board. The board appreciates Ham Niles (re-joining the board) and Tom Beal. All board meeting will be on Zoom to help with the travel time it used to take. More board members would be welcomed. MCM currently has 9 members and has room for 12. Many hands make for lighter work for all.
  12. David Hanc has resigned as President after 7 years in that role. David will stay on the board to help in the transition to the new leadership.
  13. Next Board meeting is May 12, 2022 from 6:30-8:30. All members are welcomed to attend the board meetings. Contact a board member to get the Zoom address and time for future meetings.

MCM Jobs and Tasks:
Oct 14, 15, 16 2022

Program Committee:
Weekend Facilitator:  Charlie Crane, Tom Beal
Fri Night Pot Luck:  David Hanc
Sat Breakfast:  Daniel Wendel
Sat Lunch:  Ham Niles
Sat Dinner: Tom Beal
Sun Breakfast: Dan Wendel
Variety Show:
Coffee Meister: Parker Waite, David Hanc back-up
Workshop Organizers:  Ham Niles, John McBee
Registrar: Tomas Levesque, back up Maine Bob O’Connor
Treasurers: John Bangeman. Joss Coggeshall back up
Post Master General: Maine Bob O’Conner, Thomas Levesque, (Tom Beal?)
Food Master Chef: Brad Purdy, Charlie Crane       
Master of the Kitchen: Brad Purdy, Charlie Crane       
Dishwasher: Meister  John Bangeman
Med Kit Supervisor: Joss Coggeshall  Back Up: Phil Elkin
Quilt Curator: Tomas Levesque
Tanglewood Liaison: Tom Jamrog Back Up: David Hanc         
Brochure: Tom Beal,
Brochure Proof Reader: MCM Board
Fire keeper: Joss Coggleshell, Carl Stoddard
Keeper of the MCM Bocce Balls: Thomas Levesque
Bell Keeper: Carl Stoddard, Ham Niles
MCM Drum Keeper:  Michael Scott
MCM Signs: Tomas Levesque
Photographer: Maine Bob O’Connor,   Backup: David Hanc
Website Guru: Tom Beal , Dan Kirchoff 
Website Managers: Tom Beal, Dan Kirchoff, Maine Bob O’Connor
Facebook Managers: Dan Kirchoff, Advisor Maine Bob
Keeper of the Mailing Lists: Maine Bob O’Connor , Tomas Levesque, David Hanc
Pictorial Historian:  Ben Rehmeyer

4/14/2022 Board Meeting

Members Present: Joss, David, Carl, Tomas, Ham, Phil, Bob, John

  1. Check in was done by all.
  2. Minutes 3/10/22 were presented and passed by all board members.
  3. Treasurer John B has of 3/20/22  $4,480.45.
  4. No additional items for meeting
  5. Joss has agreed to be our secretary. He will study our 501c3 status and work toward understanding this classification.
  6. Board update:
    a. Carl rejoined the board. 
    b. Unfortunately we have learned that Robert Davis has died. Thank you for your service, you will be missed.
    c. George Agular has resigned from the MCM Board.
    d. The board may need to revisit our bylaws to see if they need to be changed or updated.
  7. Spring Weekend Retreat Update
    a. Ham will be facilitating the weekend. Bob will assist.
    b. All men will be tested on arrival for Covid.  All men will need to have a vax card or fill out a form saying they have had the full vaccination and booster treatment.  Anyone testing positive will need to go home.
    c. The board members will supply test kits. These may be donated or will be replaced after the weekend.
    d. Tomas will do the registration with help from John
    e.  Ham reports there are many workshops already.
    f. Ham is working on a way to ring a bell for the men who have passed as we call them into the circle.
    g. Joss will address the group on Friday night explaining and answering any questions about Covid procedures for the weekend. Joss will work with Ham to set up plan for wearing masks and distancing for the weekend.
    h. Tom Jamrog, Tanglewood liaison will work out sleeping arrangements Friday afternoon.
    i.  There will be a variety show, Ham will find someone to organize and run it.
  8. Registration will be from 4-6 Friday evening. Anyone arriving after that will need to call Tomas or David and it will be decided if we register them that night or wait until morning. If they need a cabin they will need to be tested.
  9. David provided the jobs list that we have. We will need to fill positions on Friday night or Saturday Morning.
  10. Saturday Only Option. David and Joss will be available to register and provide Covid Test Saturday morning from 6:30-7:00 and from 8-8:30. Men will need to call David if they arrive later than that.
    Saturday only option will be possible for medical reasons.
    a. Cost $40.  Scholarship are always available.
    b. Deadline will be 4/21/22 to register
  11. Bob will send out a reminder to sign up and to remind men of  Mini Series on the 24th.
  12. Should there be any protesting men or men not registered who come to Tanglewood and refuse to leave when ask, the alternative will be to call the police. This is a private affair and the facility is being rented by MCM. Hopefully this will not happen.
  13. Name tags are with the registration supplies.
  14. Joss will bring masks for the weekend 15.
  15. A statement for vaccination if the vax card is not present will be will be written by Joss.

Respectfully submitted, Joss Coggeshall and David Hanc

3/10/2022 Board Meeting

Zoom meeting: 630-830pm.
Directors Present: David Hanc, Joss Coggeshall, Tomas Levesque, John Bangeman, MaineBob. Phil Elkin could not be present. Guest: Carl Stoddard

  1. Check In
  2. Review past minutes from Board meetings of 02/10/2022
    Corrections: MaineBob is primary photographer with David as backup, not George. Joss’s last name is spelled Coggeshall
    Minutes approved as amended
  3. Treasurer Report (John)
    No change in checking balance. David needs copy of Insurance policy to give to Patti at Tanglewood.
  4. Upcoming Weekend Retreat
    a. New Men
    b. Covid Protocols
    i. Joss had conversation with Patti (Tanglewood):
    CDC – Masks (congregant living); Do something outside; separate into cabins
    Mainely Men: they are going with strict protocols for their retreat
    Mask wearing in the Tanglewood lodge? (except for eating)
    Tomas shared; David shared: MaineBob shared. We should decide before the retreat on masks vs no masks.
    MCM Board: WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU WEAR MASKS”
    Sign: “Must be vaccinated and boosted beyond this point”
    Tomas to shop at Staples to get supplies for signs
    “Covid Sheriff” – David. “Deputy Sheriff” – John
    Rapid tests for Covid; takes 15 mins; 4 for free; takes 3 weeks; get as many for free then buy what we need
    Do registration and covid testing in the arts and crafts building (this may not be the correct name – it’s the building right down the hill from the lodge) Tomas and John to work together; then give the attendees a sticker – “I’m cleared”
    c. Question for Tom Jamrog (liaison to Tanglewood) and Patti: Sleeping arrangements for weekend attendees. 10 spots – where do they plan to sleep? Predetermined – what buildings are available?
    d. Walkups will be turned away. “You had to register to come”. “Full weekend only”. No Saturday only attendees.
    e. Brad – will handle food
    f. Tomas – ?
    g. Business Meeting
    h. Group Photo
    i. Closing Circle
    j. Meal
    k. Clean-up
    l. Registration Mail Stamp Party – MaineBob’s – March 18th or 19th
    Envelopes: buy @Staples
    Stamps: self-sticking (Carl to get stamps)
    m. Poster: MaineBob to work with Tomas (March 18th)
  5. Mainely Men and Maine Coast Men – Join together?
    MaineBob: each organization has its own culture and traditions
    Tomas: (maybe same subject): switch to one meeting/retreat per year vs 2/year
    Invitation to Mainely Men
    Men and Women weekend retreat?
  6. Miniseries moved from March 17th to March 24th (John to host)
  7. MCM Board needs men
  8. Next meeting: (after the weekend which is April 29, 30, May 1)
    Next meeting is May 12th.

2/10/2022 Board Meeting

Zoom meeting. 630-830pm.
Directors present: MaineBob, Phil Elkin, David Hanc, John Bangeman, Carl Stoddard, Tomas Levesque, Joss Coggeshall

  1. Check In
  2. Treasurer’s Report – John
    Current Balance (Bangor Savings Bank account): $4,480.45. Last activity in the account was payment of $59.79 to David Hanc for to reimburse him for MCM expenses (December 31, 2021). Also discussed was the IRS request to file for non-profit status and the 990 Form for Maine Coast Men. John is looking into those two issues.
  3. Review past minutes from 11/04/2021 MCM meeting. Minutes accepted.
  4. Items other than the upcoming MCM retreat are tabled until the next meeting.
  5. April 29-May 1 MCM weekend retreat brochure
    a. Needs to go out 6 weeks before weekend (March 18)
    b. Dave – will send message out to Ham Niles and Dan Kirchoff (program committee
    c. Who should we target? Members/new members? Tomas – contact information – mailing list
    d. New Men’s initiative – any incentives? Scholarships?
    John – “you can come free” MaineBob – pay a small amt or something
    i. Men 14-17 still attend for free
    ii. Saturday only attendance – will NOT advertise this in the brochure
    e. Time table – Brochure goes out on March 18
    John and Tomas – get together on registration form
    f. What goes in the brochure –
    i. Covid protocols – who will write this up?
    ii. People should be vaccinated before coming
    iii. People should be tested before weekend
    iv. Free test – non-profit
    v. Require men to have vaccinations and booster
    vi. Won’t ask for proof of vaccinations
    vii. Require a quick test – do at registration
    viii. Joss and John – write up a Covid protocol plan
    ix. Attendees bring masks ? Do they need to be N-95 masks or can they be cloth or surgical masks?
    x. Alternative sleeping arrangements – tents, cars
    xi. You can wear mask if you want to – not mandated
    xii. Where will masks be worn? Sauna? Voluntary?
    xiii. What do we do about sleeping arrangements? How many men per building? Distancing?
    xiv. Food – David to contact Brad
    xv. Registration Form – Tomas
    xvi. Sign-off statement? Should it be rewritten?
    xvii. Silent auction? – leave off the brochure or the weekend?
    xviii. Workshops: ad hoc let people develop workshops that they want to. Trust that they (workshops) will happen
    xix. Saturday only attendance will not be advertised
    xx. Electronic payment – Dan K – not ready – no electronic payment yet. “Venmo”? – Tomas has account people can pay him then he reimburses MCM
    xxi. Variety show – any issues? Let it go on as normal
    xxii. Tree nuts statement – needs to be in the brochure
    xxiii. Facebook – ?
    xxiv. Tomas – MCM registration address.  Address has been changed to reflect that Tomas is the registrar. Who is responsible to get brochure copied, stamps, envelopes? Tomas and MaineBob to scan the mailing list for men who have passed away.
    xxv. Stamp party or individuals
  6. E-mail encouragement to members? Dates to be posted?
    Phone numbers in blurbs: radio, papers, etc.
    Ask Dan to put blurb in the Free Press; Radio station in Rockland; Ad in paper (local)
  7. Mailing list: Men who have died – remove the names
  8. At the weekend
    a. Weekend facilitator? MCM Member Board member back up (who)?
    Joss volunteered to be the Facilitator
    b. Sleeping quarters
    c. Name tags. Wood? Plastic? Get the big pink post-it sheets from Staples to supplement what we have on hand
    d. Opening and closing circles – check in/out
    Let the Program committee guide the check in for the circles
    e. Mentors – Tomas, the registrar, to assign a MCM Board member to each new man
    f. Carl has the “announcement/eating time” bell that Charles had
    g. Photography – MaineBob,  Back up David
    Confidentiality
    Updating short movies
    h. Medical Presentation? Heimlich manuever? Defibrillator?
    Joss or Dan to present
    i. List of people who signed up for weekend retreat jobs
    David has list – send out to ? David to compile list of who volunteered for each task
    j. General Business meeting on Sunday
    Don’t let it degenerate into arguments. Tomas has the MCM quilts
  9. Other: Miniseries: February 17th – Thursday – MaineBob to host
  10. Next meeting
    Brochure needs to be out by March 18th
    Next Board meeting to be on March 10th – Thursday – 630-830 (zoom).

9/16/2021 Board Meeting

  1. Check in
  2. Treasurer’s Report
  3. Results of survey attached Discussion followed: Synopsis of discussion was that no in-person meeting will be held until Covid is not a threat.
  4. MCM will be notified of the decision not to hold any in person event
  5. Mini Series will be on November 18 6:30-8:30
  6. Board will consider developing a newsletter
    Next meeting Oct 11, 2020

Poll Results:

POLL MCM: In-Person/Zoom September 10-13, 2021 [Mainebob] =====

From: Thomas Jamrog <thomasjamrog@me.com>
I am not sure about the “will” for the 2 hour Zoom but I won’t attend a live event as so see the landscape today. I am not able or willing to sit and Zoom for two whole hours.
— Tom Jamrog

From: Rick Alexander <mainelyra@gmail.com>
Hi Bob,
Thanks for continuing to keep MCM relevant. Ohhhh, how we need MCM now.
I will conditionally come to a face-to-face event. However, we don’t know what the state of the pandemic will be by then. It’s almost as rapidly changing as it was at the beginning of the pandemic.
The conditions are everybody is vaccinated and everybody is masked indoors. As a geezer, I am more vulnerable to getting infected. I also do not want to be a carrier of a breakthrough strain and make someone else sick. Barring a significant change, I want those who say they are vaccinated bring verifiable proof. I have found that is actually pretty easy for many just by taking a shared `picture of their vacc. card on their cellphone.
The penalty for getting COVID-19 is still death for too many people. I’m not willing to knowingly spend a weekend with the MCM guys, just hoping I’ll be OK. I want to know.
— Rick Alexander

From: Hmmmbus <hmmmbus@aol.com>
I doubt very much I will be attending any in person event… Thanks Bob

From: Christopher Hirsch <cahirsch@gmail.com> In person

From: Tom Beal <tombeal@gmail.com> In-Person

From: B A Wellman <bawellman56@dankirchoff
We both ( B A & Gregory Wellman) would attend an in person meet. I have an antique computer with no camera or microphone so Zoom won’t work for us.
Thanks for all the hard work you do to keep this group going.
— Love from B Ath

From: Frank Lehman <f.lehmanea@dankirchoff
Bob, I sure would like to come in person – and depending on Covid – most probably will if…
Is there gonna be a vaccine mandate? Or Masks??
I’m slowly healing from my last dance with Cancer. This one knocked the shit outta me. But I’m alive – and kickin”
— Frankie

From: Tom Levesque <freetomme@yahoo.com> Both
Tomas

POLL MCM: In-Person/Zoom September 10-13, 2021

From: Will <mainesail113@yahoo.com> Hi Bob-
Sad to learn about the cancellation. As in my note to you the other day, I am not willing to attend unless all men are vaccinated-indoors or out. I saw no reference to vaccination-so I’m thinking that full vaccination is not being called for. I’d appreciate clarification.
— Best, Will Walton

From: Brad Purdy <bradfordpurdy@gmail.com> In person

From: Ham Niles <hamniles@gmail.com>
In person event for me please hold the virus

From: BILL TILDEN <billtilden22@hotmail.com> Hi Bob,
I’d vote for the in person 6 hr event.
— Bill

From: Peter McGlamery <pfmcglamery@mac.com>
I’m playing it safe and staying away from things right now. I’ve begun masking up in public again. Anyway, I’m down in Manhattan from the fourth of October, on to help my wife get her second corneal transplant.
Hopefully we’ll be able to gather in the springtime, so it’ll have to be a, “neither” from me.
Good luck with it. Stay safe.
— Peter McGlamery

From: Sandy Phoenix, Phil Elkin <kaselehl@dankirchoff
Zoom,
— Phil Elkin

From: John McIntire <circleleft@uninets.net>
Depending on the date, I would attend a day gathering, NOT zoom.
— John McIntire

From: Holbrook Williams <holbrookwilliams@dankirchoff
Monthly ZOOM meetings. YES ! NO to one day in-person event.
— Signed, Holbrook Willams

From: ivan stancioff <ivan.stancioff@dankirchoff
I am all for a 6 hour meeting with food by Brad the Best Baker By Far.
— Ivan

POLL MCM: In-Person/Zoom September 10-13, 2021

9/9/2021 Board Meeting

Zoom Meeting: 630-830pm
Directors present: MaineBob, David Hanc, John Bangeman, Joss Coggeshall.
Check In

  1. Treasurer’s Report – John
    Current Balance is $4,540.24
  2. MaineBob sent out Survey on the upcoming October retreat – received 3 responses back from the MCM community
  3. BOD responses to the survey: “Would you attend a one-day retreat? Would you attend a three-day retreat?”
    MaineBob – would attend a one-day event (in person)
    David (in person) – will not attend a one-day event
    Joss –
    John (in person) – will not attend a one-day event
  4. Food – Brad would be lead person
    Board Decision: NOT in favor of hosting a three-day event
  5. 1-Day Event
    a. Timeline
    b. In person or Zoom
    c. Send out Survey via Mail Chimp
    d. “Do we meet for up to 6 hrs?” (In person)
    Bathroom Facilities, Parking, Food, How many – issues to consider for in-person event
    e. “Do we have a 2-hr Zoom meeting?”
    f. Alternative sites: Lake Saint George $150 rental fee; Damariscotta Lake; Tanglewood is free
    g. MaineBob to send out Mail Chimp tomorrow – data back by Monday
    h. Decide by Monday what we will do
    i. Program @ In-person event? Or get together and have Check-In
    j. Brainstorming
    i. Simple Registration form
    Emergency contacts
    Food allergies
    ii. If we have an In-person event?
    Ham: Do we have a program?
    Smudging
    Theme of Day
    Who is Facilitator of the day?
  6. New MCM Board members to continue the organization
    a. Robert Davis – unable to attend
    b. George – who knows what he is doing?
    c. Tomas –
  7. Next Meeting
    Today is 9/9/21. Next meeting is 9/16/21 @630pm.
    What will it look like? Ham, Dan, Brad, Patti, David will be present
  8. Suggestion: MCM and Mainely Men – get together this winter

7/21/2021 Board Meeting

Zoom meeting: 630-830pm
Directors present: MaineBob, David Hanc, John Bangeman
Check In – will do it during the miniseries

  1. Review of Minutes – tabled until the next meeting
  2. Treasurer’s Report (John B)
    Current Balance is $4,831.24
    Latest expenditure is the $300 MOFGA ad
  3. Duplicate bank statement to Josh (“copy to Josh, George”)?
  4. Next agenda: Unclaimed money John B to find out and report back at the next meeting
  5. Miniseries for August and September
    a. Difficult to organize miniseries
    b. Focus on upcoming October retreat
    c. We’re going to be busy putting on the weekend – open the Board meetings to everyone
    d. Letter should be sent out: “Miniseries was a success thru the Covid pandemic to help people connect”
  6. August Events: Gatherings
    BA’s Poems
    August 1st
    August 14th
    Tonight is the last miniseries
    MaineBob: please put out letter with gatherings for Ian Collins, Charles Guilford, and Tom Hopps
  7. October Retreat
    Registration Form (Tomas) (pdf) Send to David

2/17/2021 Board Meeting

In Attendance on Zoom: George, John B, Maine Bob, Charles, David, Joss

  1. Check In
  2. Treasurer’s Report – John
    a. Joss received bank statements and checks from Bangor Savings Bank – nothing came to John B
    b. John B to check w/Tomas to see if he has the MCM checkbook or if Ian still had it when he passed
    c. Letter and $100 check from non-profit – “The Blackbaud Giving Fund by its agent, Your Cause”. Check is made out to Maine Coast Men, Inc. Check is dated 1/21/2021 and is good for 90 days. John will investigate to see if it is legitimate.
    d. Current MCM balance: $5246.24
  3. Board Minutes from 1/14/2021 were approved and accepted by the Board
  4. Mini Series
    a. Jan 22nd session on Grief. Congrats and kudos to Charles for stepping up and narrating the Jan 22nd session. Charles is involved with a hospice/grief series in his area. The other grief/hospice workers were surprised to hear that there are men’s groups doing grief work – good for MCM – men’s work is unusual and special
    b. George is hosting w/Maine Bob the upcoming session on “Non-violent communication”. The date is Feb 25 7-9pm. George and Maine Bob to send out a notice via Mail Chimp. Hoping for 15-25 men to show up for Zoom
    c. Future Sessions:
    i. March 26, Breaking Bread (No facilitator)
    ii. Maine Bob volunteered to host the April 22 session; Some incites gained from “Council of Circles”
    iii. David will contact C T Nguyen to see if he is still interested
    iv. At past presentations we asked men to consider facilitating…no takers at this point
    d. Possible topic: “How are you doing with the Covid pandemic?” Media fears and anxieties; co-morbidities. “Endless lists of things you might do” – Charles
    i. Tomas, Tom J, Phil E, Holbrook – four men to ask if they’re interested in creating/presenting an evening
  5. Council of Circles (update by George)
    a. Discussed information the Mail Chimp gathers when we send out emails
    b. We will offer to men of MCM another Council of Circles workshops  in late April/May
    c. WE need to figure out how to get the word out to MCM
    d. George and Maine Bob will attend next  – “A Council For our Times”
    e. Need to review and Clean-up of Mail Chimp
    f. “Can we use this list (Mail Chimp) to reach out and recruit more men?” – People we know who did not open the link -David
    g. Charles – “Could George put out some advertising about what “Non-violent communication” is about? Maybe u-tube video to watch first before session? George will look into this.
  6. May Retreat at Tanglewood
    Maine Bob – It would be difficult to be ready
    Charles – Have to have policy; Possible Zoom link for anti-vaccine people
    John – Tanglewood doesn’t know what the rules and restrictions will be in May; We won’t be ready to do the Spring retreat as normally was
    Board consensus at this point – Three day program probably not happening, will make final decision at next board meeting.
    At the next Board meeting – Discuss what our options will be if we do not meet.
  7. Website: Dan needs opening statement for the MCM website
    MCM Mission Statement – send this to Dan – go with the mission statement for now. David to speak w/Dan: “use MCM mission statement”
  8. Other: A rare sports discussion
  9. David away from March 12th until April 11th
    Next Board Meeting: Wednesday, March 10th 6:30-8:30 Zoom meeting

Minutes accepted: March 18, 2021

1/14/2021 Board Meeting

In Attendance on Zoom: Joss, Charles, David, George, Dan, Maine Bob, Guest: Dan Kirchoff
Minutes Submitted by: David

  1. Check In. (Dec 9 Board Meeting was cancelled)
  2.  Treasurer’s Report (John B was unable to make the meeting so a new report was available.)
  3. Board Minutes from 11/11/20 were approved and accepted by the board.
  4. Dan Kirchoff – Dan shared the changes that are being made to the current website to make it   easier to use.
    a. Dan and George will explore ways for the members in the future to “Register and Pay” on line. This option will be tested by the board before posting it on our website. It was decided that with current technology this makes sense for us to have this option. We will use what we learned from the last time we tried this to be sure that it is simple and that the registrar has the information he needs.
    b. Dan was asked to put a “Contact Us” tab for men to be able to be able reach us. The people on the board  can be named on the webpage but their contact information will not be posted due to security concerns.
    c. The opening statement on the draft website was put in by Dan as a suggestion. We all agree that it is important to think about the message we want to send in the opening paragraph. Our Mission Statement could be enough. The board will think about this and be prepared to discuss at the next board meeting. Feel free to write up a statement that to be discussed and possibly used on the website for this next board meeting.
  5. Council of Circles – Thanks go out to George for working on ways to advertise and get the information to the MCM Community to sign up for these workshops. There is a cost and scholarships are being offered.
    a. We need a minimum of 6 people to have the course happen.
  6. Mini Series:
    a. Charles will facilitate the next session on Grief, Jan 22, 2021 from 7-9PM
    b. The next session is on February 25, 2021. George offered to facilitate this session on Non-Violent Communication.
    c. Future mini-series sessions will be March 26 and April 22, 2021. The Board feels that series is important to help men from MCM stay connected. The series averages between 15-20 men and the feedback has been very supportive. Facilitators will be needed for sessions in the future. A possible suggestion for a session is “How are you doing living with the Covid Virus”
  7. Tanglewood: David spoke with Patti our contact with Tanglewood and we are still on the books for the May and October Retreats. Tanglewood is not currently open for weekend gathering but may be by May depending on what the status is on the virus. Tanglewood will decide what they will require and develop procedure to help men stay safe.
    a. MCM board discussed our obligation to our members and expressed that we will wait and see what the state guidelines and recommendations are for meeting. The decision to have the May weekend Retreat will need to be made by March 25, 2021 to give the board tome to prepare for the retreat. This discussion will continue at the next board meeting. Our top priority is safety.
  8. Next Board meeting will be Feb 17,2021 at 6:30-8:30 Via Zoom

Minutes accepted Feb 17, 2021

11/11/2020 Board Meeting

Zoom Meeting. (Zoom Master) Maine Bob
Present: David Hanc, John Bangeman, Maine Bob O’Connor, Tomas Levesque, George Aguiar, Joss Coggeshall

  1. Check-In
  2. Update from Brad. Brad is resigning from the MCM Board due to personal issues.  Thanks go out to him for his many years of being on the board
  3. Treasurer’s Report. Nothing new to report at this time.
  4. Review MCM Board minutes from 10/21/2020. Minutes Approved.
  5. Mini-Series Update and discussion
    Tomas: “no registration needed; first come, first serve”. This is in response to an earlier suggestion to have men register for each mini-series presentation.
    MaineBob: “go ahead w/series schedule we have put together – timing is good”. We will do labels. Mail Chimp information can go out. 150 postcards made. Bob will print 130 labels and print 2 return address labels. David to talk w/MaineBob about post cards. We will use Tomas’ address as the return address on the postcards.
    a. Description of “QuaranTeaming”
    i. How do I (we) find people to bring into the “pod”?
    b. MCM website discussion – Invite Dan K to share the new website. Be sure to provide him feedback.
  6. What still needs to be figured out for the Dec. 17 Mini Series faciloitated by George on Quran Teaming.
    a. Need Mail Chimp message – encourage men to go to MCM website
    b. Write-up for the website. MaineBob will format the Mail Chimp and put  a Zoom link on the Mail Chimp. If the man isn’t on the MCM mailing list, have them send an email to Tomas and he will send the person a link.
    c. Directions or assistance on how to use the Zoom link. The person can contact MaineBob if having problems getting Zoom connection. David will pull the postcard together, then send it to MaineBob to check for technical issues.
    d. Board decided that no registration is needed.
    e. Registering for all workshops?  The issue made moot by “d.”.
  7. George offered to the Board two new workshop suggestions: Non-Violent Communication and Council of Circles. Possible date for the Non-violent Communication workshop would be Feb. 25th, 2021 date.
    a. “How to prevent a Coup”. George: Robert Jensen book; Marshall Rosenberg-Non-violent Communication; Joanna Macy – modernize Non-violent work; George Lake? – Quaker.
    b. Council of Circles
    i. Attendees 6-8 MCM members. $80/person.
    Question on who would pay for attending. MCM? The person? No final decision made for non members of MCM
    ii. Theme: “People aren’t good and bad – People do good and bad things”.
    iii. “Spontaneous Communication”: offer this to MCM community. Put the information out on the MCM website, on Mail Chimp.
  8. Other: David and MaineBob to discuss postcard tomorrow. George to contact the Council of Circles and let them know MCM is interested. MaineBob – didn’t get a corporate account for MCM set up yet – continue going ahead with that action.
  9. Next meeting: December 9th, 2020 at 630pm (Zoom meeting).

Minutes accepted Jan 14, 2021